Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lovely in Lace Altered Book

My first adventure in "altered book" design using my hand dyed lace, Webster's paper, Distress Inks, Copic Markers, a Prima Branch, florist's green coated wire  and self-adhesive pearls...

...here's some detail...

...the lace flowers were carefully removed from a vintage wedding dress I found in a thrift store and then colored with Lipstick Natural (E04), Pale Pink (RV10) and Pink (RV11) Copic markers.
I wish I had done this in a shadow box!
Here's my first shadow box...
...I did this for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I printed their picture on fabric then silk embroidered my mother's bouquet, her veil, my dad's bow tie and boutonniere; then I mitered bridal lace over a silver silk moire frame I made and added some embellishments including the cross my mother wore on her wedding day. A labor of love.

No comments: